Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Happy Spring

We just got back from a long weekend away for a little belated anniversary. Wow, 30 years!! It doesn't seem possible until I think of all that has transpired during this time span. We spent Friday evening and Saturday morning with Brandon and Amber up in Greeley. Ok, so why didn't I take any photos? No idea. Saturday we went down to Denver and did a little fabric shopping (Glen is such a dear!!!) and topped the evening off with having dinner with Joy and Jim, dear friends of mine in Arvada. Then we drove down to Colorado Springs for a few days. Sunday was Disney on Ice at the World Arena, then dinner across the road at Outback. The day was very relaxing!! Monday we spent the day with Glen's brother and wife, got back to the motel at 2:30 am! Ok, so are we thinking we are youngsters again!! Tuesday was another quilt shop, lunch at Red Top and then home. Rachel and Mike stayed at the house to take care of the animals for us. That really helped to make it possible for us to have the time away.



Now, as Easter will be here in a couple of days, I thought I would share a wallhanging I made a couple of years ago. It was a challenge piece for the Pueblo Quilt Expo. The them was "Memories", of which the word "memory" or "memories" had to be used. This is what I did with the fabric that was included. For me, my own families memories are holidays and birthdays. Since the Expo is always close to Easter, my thoughts went to Easter. This didn't win anything, but that didn't matter to me. I don't make things to win ribbons (tho they are always nice!! Ü). I make what I like, otherwise why bother. Ü


Now, will someone please tell me where the time goes? I have been very busy with quilting, so I'm certainly not going to complain!! I also hate the first of the year because it means it's time to get taxes done and I hate that. That is when having your own business bites. You would think after 27 years it wouldn't "hurt" so much. Oh well, taxes and death, you can't avoid them, and I'd rather pay the taxes than deal with death, so that is my positive thought for today! Ü

No comments: