Monday, May 17, 2010

MQS 2010

I spent 4 days last week taking classes from AWESOME longarm quilters!!  Judy Allen, Ronda Beyer, DeLoa Jones, Karen McTavish, Sue Patton and Dawn Cavanaugh.  These are ladies that are top in their field and I came out of each class with my head reeling and buzzing with all the different techniques I learned.  I have a number of customer quilts to do so practicing what I learned will be on hold for a while.  BUT, in the meantime I will practice on paper.  In the quilting world there is the PPP factor, Practice, Practice, Practice.  It's the way we work on the muscle memory.  I didn't really understand muscle memory until one of the teachers said it's like our signature.  Our signature is uniform because of muscle memory.  We don't think about it when we sign our signature, it comes naturally.  The same happens with anything you do with repetition.  I never thought of why my quilted feathers were getting easier to make, now I understand it.

And, of course, I am sitting at the shop with no pictures here to upload.  But, as I update this week, I will be adding some photos.

So, do you have a passion?  Mine used to be crocheting.  My great grandmother taught me to crochet when I was 14.  She came over to the states from Germany when she was 16.  She was a wonderful woman!!  For everything I make, I send up a special thank you to her.  I still enjoy crocheting, but quilting on the longarm is much easier on my wrist and arms.  I also feel privileged to now be able to quilt for others and make an earning from it.

I feel as if I am still trying to catch up on rest from last week.  It's probably good that I'm at the shop this afternoon or I would crawl into bed and take a nap.  LOL  Hopefully photos will follow in the next couple of days. 

Happy Quilting!!

No comments: