Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Time to catch up


Brandon and Amber came down for Labor Day weekend.  They got to meet Liam then and we had family photos taken on Saturday.  I am truly blessed with a wonderful family!!



The end of September we went to Oregon for 8 days.  Spent the first day at the Northwest Quilt Expo and then spent 4 wonderful, glorious days at a rented beach house, with great friends, in Lincoln City, OR.  The mornings were fogged in most of the visit, but the afternoons and evenings were beautiful!  Saw a couple amazing sunsets. It was nice to have a day to visit with my brother and his wife while we were at the beach.  It had been 5 years since we had seen each other.  There is something about the sound and motion of the waves to calms the soul.


I was busy getting customer quilts done before we went to Oregon and also when we returned.  In early November I went to Houston, TX for the International Quilt Festival.  I had attended the Spring Festival in Chicago 7 years ago, their inaugural year.  So, I was prepared for the vastness of the size of the one in Houston.  I stayed with my girlfriend, Pete, and we had a wonderful time!!  I met ladies in real life that I knew from The Quilt Show and Facebook.  That was the highlight of the trip!!  As much as I enjoyed Houston, I realized that my passion is in longarm quilting and I enjoyed MQS last May more. 


Brandon and Amber were able to make it down for Christmas.  (I didn't get a family photo, darn)  It was such a special Christmas, having my children and their spouses here, and, of course, little Liam.  Yeah, we're not proud grandparents at all.  LOL

This is a condensed update on what our lives have been like the past few months.  I will work harder on keeping this updated and will be posting more quilts.  After all, that is what I want a lot of my blog to be about.  But, being a mom and wife, my family will be popping in here from time to time.

Till next time,
Happy Quilting

No comments: