Tuesday, March 24, 2009

National Quilt Day


March 21 was National Quilt Day. With our local quilt guild, we meet on the second Saturday of the month and in March we designate that as our charity work day. Our wedding anniversay is March 22. This year Glen and I spent the weekend in Colorado Springs and I helped out a quilt shop there. I'd never been to Ruth's Stitchery before but had heard wonderful things about it. Well, I LOVED that shop! Not only was there a wide variety of fabrics, but also needlework patterns and supplies. And the ladies working there were so nice, so friendly, and very helpful.

Our daughter, Rachel, is getting married in August. Our guild is also having a challenge to make a Trip Around The World quilt for our local fairs and mainly for our fall quilt show. I thought we had Rach's quilt planned, but then I found a print at Ruth's that just screamed Rachel, so our plan has changed. Her quilt will be a Trip Around the World with the fabrics picked out last weekend. I told her if she didn't like it that was ok, I would keep it. Well, I've been told I won't get to keep this quilt. Ü In the next couple of days I will be washing these fabrics and will start cutting them. I'm anxious to see this quilt top done, to see how all the fabrics play together. The pattern book is Eleanor Burns Trip Around the World. She has another TATW book, but Rach wants it more a tradional pattern.

Until next time, Happy Quilting!!

No comments: